The cost of a grapple truck depends upon a few variables, but when purchasing new, you can expect the price tag to be roughly in the $200,000 to $500,000 range. A reliable, late-model used grapple truck can provide similar performance and features for a significantly lower cost, generally in the $50,000 to $100,000 price range.
In this post, we’ll discuss what a grapple truck can do for you, what influences the price tag, and why purchasing a used grapple truck can save you considerable cash without sacrificing quality.
What Does a Grapple Truck Do?
Grapplers use a powerful boom extension to grab heavy, bulky waste such as furniture and construction site refuse. Many waste collection companies buy a grapple truck for the safety, flexibility, and efficiency it contributes to the fleet.
In addition, the specialized capabilities of grapple trucks give owners the ability to reach more clients and widen their customer base.
There are a few factors that influence the cost of a grapple truck:
- Manufacturer and Reputation – Companies like Petersen or McNeilus have a reputation for producing some of the industry’s most hardworking, reliable trucks. That reputation, paired with favorable reviews from the people who use them, will likely affect the cost of any type of refuse hauler.
- Features – On top of its standard specs (such as the grappler’s boom reach and lifting power), trucks with the latest safety and convenience features like boom-up alarms, in-cab controls, and rear-facing cameras will fetch a higher price, too.
- New or Used – Whether you buy a new or used grapple truck has the most significant impact on price.
Adding a Grappler to Your Fleet Doesn’t Have to Cost an Arm and a Leg
Even though there are so many good reasons to buy a grapple truck, some waste removal companies are deterred because the need doesn’t outweigh the cost. But you can offset those costs by buying a used truck. Dependable used grappling trucks for sale range between $50,000 to $100,000. When you take off more than half of what you’d pay brand new, adding one to your fleet becomes a whole lot easier.
Whether you’re looking for a front-loader, grappler, or roll-off truck, the same deep discounts apply when buying any used truck. In addition to saving on cost, there are plenty of other benefits to buying used from Route Ready:
- All our used garbage trucks for sale roll off the lot with the highest-quality inspection standards, and we’ll never sell you a truck we wouldn’t buy ourselves.
- You’ll receive the remainder of the OEM 5-year engine, after-treatment, and transmission warranties.
- Each Plus and Premium truck is also backed by our 30- or 60-day industry-exclusive warranties.
- We offer complete transparency and consistency with three certification levels. That way, you can make the most well-informed decision about which truck best fits your needs.
- Depending on your certification level, you may receive additional warranties on wearables such as pumps, valves, and cylinders.
- All of Route Ready’s used garbage trucks are exempt from federal excise tax and are eligible for bonus depreciation. Check with your tax expert for details.
From helping you forecast your future truck needs to making an educated decision about which best meets your budget, we’re here to help. Contact us or request a used garbage truck quote to get started!